If you are interested in playing, contact John Davies, Secretary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and do join the online Golf Society to keep up to date.
The Old Lyonian Golf Society holds three formal meetings each year.
The Spring Meeting is traditionally held on the first Thursday of May at Northwood Golf Club, where three titles are competed for:
1) The Northwood Cup for the best individual Stableford score off handicap in the afternoon individual round
2) The President's Cup awarded to the lowest individual gross score off scratch in the afternoon individual round
3) The Captain's Cup which is competed for in the morning for the best pair in a handicap Greensome Competition
The Autumn Meeting takes place on the last Friday in September at Stanmore Golf Club, where two trophies are competed for:
1) Mike's Mug for the best individual Stableford score off handicap
2) The Campbell Paines Jug for the best individual Medal score off scratch
The Autumn Trip takes place in mid October at a different venue each year comprising two rounds where a variety of trophies are competed for:
1) The John Jones Tankard for the best Stableford score on Friday
2) The Saturday Shield for the best Stableford score on Saturday
3) The Joe Kerridge Trophy for the best combined Stableford score
4) The JEK Clarke Salver for the lowest overall Medal score.
In addition to these meetings, the Society plays a series of matches during the long summer evenings of May, June and July against Old Haberdashers, Old Millhillians, and Old Canfordians at various venues.
The OLA Presidents Cup is played for in May, and the the Head Boy Golf Challenge is played in July, these matches are between the OL Golf Society and students, parents and staff of John Lyon School.
The Society also enters a team into The Grafton Morrish, which is a National Old Boys competition played off scratch, with qualifying at Denham Golf Club and the finals at Hunstanton.
Please contact John Davies for information about any of the fixtures or about playing with the OLGS.
To join the on-line group, please click the join button above.